Pumpkin seeds are extremely nutritive and loaded with powerful antioxidants.
It contains nutrients like fibers, carbs, protein, fat, vitamins, iron, magnesium, zinc, and copper which are very essential for health.
It helps in the regulation of blood pressure and blood sugar.
Eating Pumpkin seeds have numerous health benefits.
Pumpkin seeds nutrition
- It is also known as Kaddu Ka Beej in India.
- Pumpkin is a vegan plant-based protein-packed with high minerals.
- Its seed powder is an alternative to soy and whey protein powder.
- It is high in dietary fiber, protein, healthy fats, and various vitamins E, K, B12, and minerals including iron, selenium, magnesium, and zinc.
- It seeds powder has around 60 to 65% of proteins by weight and 11 to 14% of fiber.
- It seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation and improve your heart health.
How to eat pumpkin seeds?
- It can be eaten as raw, roasted, salted, powdered or in the form of butter, etc.
- It can be included in snacks, soups, salads, and yogurt.
- It is being used n several Indian sweet dishes.
- Pumpkin protein powder can be taken with a glass of water.
- Pumpkin seeds are one of the components of Char Magaz.
Health benefits of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds have a huge number of health benefits. Some of the benefits are given below.
- Beneficial in weight management- It boosts the metabolism and immune system, and helps in weight management.
- Immunity booster- The presence of vitamin E and zinc are helpful in the boosting of immunity.
- Improves quality of sleep- The tryptophan amino acid and magnesium found in the pumpkins seeds improve the sleep quality.
- Cardioprotective- Omega-3-fatty acids found in it reduces LDL, total cholesterol, and triglyceride levels and reduced the risk for heart diseases.
- Helps in the management of diabetes- In the case of diabetes, it stabilizes blood sugar by slowing the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream.
- Protects from Cancers- Adequate intake of diets rich in pumpkin seeds can reduce the risk of stomach, breast, lung, prostate, and colon cancers due to the rich contents of magnesium.
- It is also rich in iron and helpful in treating anemia.
- It is also beneficial for thyroid patients as it has zinc and selenium which is essential for thyroid hormones.
- It is a superfood for PCOS and PCOD patients as it will regulate hormone function, lower insulin levels, regulate periods, and improve hair, skin, and nail health.
- Being a rich source of zinc, it improves male fertility by increasing sperm count.
- It is beneficial for pregnant and lactating women by providing an additional dose of zinc.
- Because of high fiber content, it promotes gut health.
- It is a rich source of antioxidants and packed with cell-protective antioxidants, including carotenoids and vitamin E.
Take home message
Pumpkin seeds are packed with magnesium and improve mood and sleep, it also promotes skin and bone health. Iron and copper found in it are beneficial in energy production. Apart from it, iron also helps in the transport of oxygen. Zinc and Vitamin E found in it boost immunity, skin health, and vision.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides general information only. It is in no way a substitute for trained medical practitioner opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more information. We do not claim any obligation for this information.