The Hunza people are well known for their long life who lived in the Hunza Valley at extreme northwest of India in Hindu Kush range, very close to Pakistan. Hunza people are well known for their healthy life and disease free body throughout the life time. The average age of Hunza people is more than 100 ys.
Their regular dietary components includes a range of fresh, seasonal, organic and raw or lightly cooked vegetables (such as tomatoes, onions, garlic, spinach, turnips, carrots, pumpkins, cabbage, and cauliflower), grains (such as wheat, barley and millet), and local nuts (such as apricots, cherries, grapes, plums and peaches). They do farming using organic compost devoid of pesticides.
Along with this they drink a special kind of tea, known as Hunza tea.
Hunza tea consist of natural ingredients, namely mint, holy basil, green cardamom, cinnamon and ginger along with jaggery and lemon juice.
Different components used in making Hunza tea are never been processed with chemicals, additives or preservatives.
This natural drink forms an essential portion of the diet of the Hunza people. How to make Hunza tea at home follow the given recipe.
Hunza tea recipe
Recipe For two cups
1. Mint Leaves (Pudina): 5-6 Pcs
2. Basil Leaves (Tulsi): 4-5 Pcs
3. Green Cardamom (Hari Elachi): 2 Pcs
4. Cinnamon (Dalchini): 1-2gm
5. Fresh Ginger (Adrak): 5gm
6. Jaggery (Gur): As per test
7. Fresh Lemon Juice: Half piece
How to make Hunza tea at home
- Place a saucepan on the stove at medium flame and add 250 ml water.
- Let the water come to a gentle boil.
- Add all the ingredient (except lemon juice) after crushing.
- Boil all the contents on the medium flame for 3-5 min.
- Add sweeter as per taste and left a side.
- Using tea strainer filter tea in small cups and add half piece of lemon juice in it.
- Enjoy this super drink by sip.
Health benefits of Hunza tea:
- It is a kind of Super-drink.
- It is an anti-aging drink because it increases the skin glow and texture.
- It help in the weight management. Taking a cup of Hunza tea when you wake up will help in the weight loss, because it suppresses the appetite.
- Hunza tea benefits for diabetes: If it will be consume regularly by a diabetics, will be helpful in controlling blood sugar.
- Rich in the antioxidant
- It regular use boosts immunity and helpful during cough, cold and flu.
- Raises haemoglobin because jaggery is good source of iron.
- Remove the dyspepsia
- As for safety is concern, Hunza tea side effects is not recorded.