GM diet plan
GM Diet plan was a health program started by General Motors Corporation establishes (in 1985) and recommended this to their employees.
In GM diet, GM stands for General Motors.
There are different kinds of diet plan such as GM diet, Keto diet, Low carbs diet, Mediterranean diet, DASH diet and many more which are based on the quantity of carbohydrate, fat and protein and their health benefits.
Different diet plan have different aims and application but all are linked with the better health and quality of life.
In last few decades several clinical trials have been conducted and it was observed that low carbohydrate, high protein diets have resulted in better weight management for a duration of 3 to 6 months compared to conventional diet high in carbohydrates and low in fats.
It was also observed that intake of low carb and high protein diets for extended period i.e more than 1 year have not shown better benefit compared to high carbohydrate and low fat diets.
What is the GM diet?
A GM diet is a 7-days meal to eat certain group of foods in different combination to lose a considerable amount of weight within just a week. GM diet food categories includes fruits, vegetables, meat and milk
7-days GM diet plan
The GM diet consist of a weekly meal plan focusing on a specific type food or food category.
- On day 1, one can eat a variety of fruits except banana.
- On day 2, only raw or cooked vegetables without oils are permitted. On can eat any amount of vegetable but limited amount of potatoes.
- Day 3, food includes a combination of fruit and vegetables of the individual choice and capacity. It was advised to avoid banana and potato.
- On day 4 take bananas and skimmed milk only.
- Day 5 is the day for eating proteins rich food along with cottage cheese, brown rice and potatoes with a lot of water to avoid uric acid problems.
- On day 6, one can eat proteins and vegetables based food. Both can be eaten in large quantity with enough amount of water intake.
- On day 7 one can eat meal containing rice, fruits and vegetables and there is no restriction on food selection.
How GM diet help in weight management?
GM diet meal help in weight management by several mechanism which includes;
- Eating of low calorie foods like fresh fruits and vegetable.
- Because of avoiding use of processed food and added sugars.
- Not eating refined carbohydrates also help in weight management.
- The kind of meal plan followed triggers the metabolism which aids in the fat burning process.
- This diet plan detoxify and cleanses the whole system.
- Eating of fruits and vegetables improves the process of digestion and assimilation as they are rich in the dietary fibers.
What kind of foods should avoided during GM Diet plan?
Some of the food which should avoided during the course of GM diet meal plan includes;
- Beans and other legume
- Consumption of alcohol and Soda
- If taking green tea or coffee, it should devoid of sugar
Other benefits of GM diet
Fruits and vegetables as the primary foods in diet plan, which are always beneficial for lowering the onset of the metabolic syndromes.
GM diet are rich in the dietary fiber which favor the gut microbiota. These fivers also prevent sudden spike in the blood sugar level and stop the absorption of the bad cholesterol.
GM diet also prevent the process of carcinogenesis in colon.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides a general information only. It is in no way a substitute for trained medical practitioner opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more information. We do not claim any obligation for this information.