What are magaz seeds?
Magaz seeds are amazing seeds full of protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals and have several surprising health benefits.
What is char magaz?
In “Char Magaz”, Char means four (4) and Magaz means intelligence. Thus the literal meaning of Char Magaz is ‘Four Brain’.
Char magaz is a mixture of four seeds i.e Watermelon Seeds, Muskmelon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, and Cucumber Seeds.
It is believed that ingestion of these four amazing seeds combination results in brain development and rejuvenation.
Char magaz is also a secret ingredient of North of Indian kitchens and were used in cooking and desserts such as making sweet dish, sherbet, curries and numerous other popular health drinks.
Nutritional importance of Char Magaz
The Char Magaz seeds are packed with nourishing nutrients such as vitamins, minerals unsaturated fats, and proteins.
It is a rich source of vitamin B such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
The seeds contain several essential amino acids such as arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acids, and lysine.
It contains minerals such as magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, and manganese.
It is also packed with polyunsaturated fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids.
How to eat Magaz seeds
- It can ve used in curry- For this soak them overnight and grind well before adding in the curry.
- It can be added to sweet dishes like Laddoo, burfi, kheer, and many more.
- The mixture of the seeds can be directly eaten or can be roated and consume.
- One can make the powder of these seeds and can be added in a shake, smoothies, and other health drinks.
- Char magaz is one of the components od Mughlai cooking and was added for making gravies thick.
- They are also used in the preparation like Thandai during Holi.
How to make char magaz powder at home?
25 grams of Watermelon seeds
25 grams of Cucumber seeds
25 grams of Muskmelon (Kharabooza) seeds
25 grams of Pumpkin seeds
Method of preparation: Powder the seeds together in a grinder and store them in a glass container for future use. This can be added in the health drink and shake.
Health benefits of Char magaz seeds
Char magaz has several therapeutic and other health benefits.
A potent Medhya Rasayana
Char magaz comes under Medhya Rasayana in Ayurveda, which is responsible for;
- Enhancing the memory and their retention potential (as memory booster)
- Promotes learning, reasoning, and perception of new things (as a nootropic)
- Strengthens the various nerves of the body because of the rich contents of vitamin B such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
- Protects the brain and nerves from damage (as neuroprotective)
Good for healthy skin
Because it is packed with a fatty acid such as oleic acid and linoleum acid, it makes skin healthy and glowing.
Helpful in the management of cardiovascular disease
Amino acids such as arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acid, and lysine, reduces the risk of heart attacks. The presence of Omega unsaturated fatty acids lowers cardiovascular complications. Magnesium found in it improves heart function.
Helpful in diabetes
These seeds help to control diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels.
Take home messages
Char Magaz seeds are healthy seeds packed with several essential nutritional factors. It is quite safe and can consume up to 10 to 30 grams in a day. Homemade Char magaz powder can replace the usage of the market health supplement which more nutritional value in lower price.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides a general information only. It is in no way a substitute for trained medical practitioner opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more information. We do not claim any obligation for this information.